These guidelines are for use by the Secretariat and the Executive Committee to assist in complying with Section 3.5.6 of the Regulations Governing Consensus Development of
the Uniform Solar, Hydronics & Geothermal and Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub Codes. The following classifications apply to Committee members and represent their principal interest
in the activity of the Committee. No more than one-third of the voting Members shall represent any one interest category.
- Manufacturer. A representative of a maker or marketer of a product, assembly or system, or portion thereof, that is affected by the standard.
- User. A representative of an entity that is subject to the provisions of the standard or that voluntarily uses the standard.
- Installer/Maintainer. A representative of an entity that is in the business of installing or maintaining a product, assembly, or system affected by the standard.
- Labor. A labor representative or employee concerned with safety in the workplace within the scope of the standard.
- Research/Standards/Testing Laboratory. A representative of an independent research organization; an organization that develops codes, standards and other similar documents; or an independent testing laboratory.
- Enforcing Authority. A representative of an agency or an organization that promulgates or enforces the standard.
- Consumer. A person who is or represents the ultimate purchaser of a product, system or service affected by the standard but who is not a User as defined in Section 3.5.6(b).
- Special Expert. A person not representing as defined in Section 3.5.6(a) through Section 3.5.6(g) and who has special expertise in the scope of the standard or portion thereof.
Note: A representative includes an employee. Representatives of subsidiaries of any group are generally considered to have the same classification as the parent organization.